“The pride of the peacock is the glory of God”
- Peacock is the national bird of India.
- Peacock is found in almost all parts of India.
- On 326 January 1963, the Peacock was declared a National Bird by the Government of India.
- Apart from India, the national bird of ‘Myanmar’ is also a peacock.
- On the peacock’s head there is a beautiful chink like a cocktail.
- Peacock is omnivorous and eats insects, flowers, seeds, small rodents and lizards. That is why it is also called a good friend of the farmers.
- Peacock (male bird) is more beautiful, colorful and brighter than the peahen (female bird).
- Peacock is a big bird with big wings, but it can not fly very high or long range.
Peacocks can survive till the age of twenty years.
- Peacock likes to live in flocks A herb consists of 6 to 10 peacocks.
- At such times, he looks very beautiful.
- Peacock’s voice is not very sweet.
- Peacock feathers are used to make purses, jackets and many beautiful things.
- In India, there is a complete ban on peacock hunting. It is fully protected under the Indian Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972.
- There is also a religious significance of peacocks in Hindu society. The ride of Lord Kartikeya is the peacock of Lord Shiva.
Peacock found everywhere in India.
- They can not fly in the air for a long time.
- In the rainy season, Peacock dances on the black Ghat of clouds.
- Peacock’s dance is very beautiful and viewable.
- Peacock dances and prepares the mori for reproduction.
- Their weight ranges from 4 to 6 kg.
- Peacock considered a good friend of the farmer because it eats the insects that ruin the crops.
- The piglet sprouts twice every year, which is 6 to 8.
- Peacock’s feathers are green-blue.
Peacock length is about 1 meter.
- These feathers have blue spots.
- It is an omnivorous bird.
- Peacock is a bird. Which produces offspring like common organisms.
- On the lake the men make a small empire and allow the females to travel there.
Peacock’s neck is very long.
- Feathers are half open and they shake it loudly from time to time, peacocks shout with a strange sound.
- Peacocks are active in South India from April to May and in North India from July to September.
- Peacocks make their nests from leaves, branches and other debris.
- There are 4-8 light yellow eggs in nests, which cared for by females only, and thus after 28 days the children come out from the egg.