“Water is the driving force of all nature”
- Water is composed of two elements, hydrogen and oxygen. Its chemical formula is H2O.
- 3.4 million people die every year due to water related reasons.
- 68.7% of fresh water on earth is trapped in glaciers, 30% of fresh water is in the ground and 1.7% of the world’s water is accumulated and hence it is unusable.
- About 70 percent of the body of an adult is made of water.
- Africa and Asia have to walk average 3.7 miles (6 km) to collect water.
- Around 6,800 gallons of water is necessary for a family meal for four people.
- There are three different types of water, liquid, solid and gas.
- At birth, around 80 percent of the weight of an infant’s body is water.
- The average toilet uses 6 liters (1.6 gallons) of clean water in a single flush.
To make a pinch beer, it takes 20 gallons of water.
- The three largest oceans on Earth are the Pacific Ocean (the largest), the Atlantic Ocean (the second largest) and the Indian Ocean (third largest).
- A healthy person can drink about three gallons (48 cups) of water per day.
- About 700 million Chinese people drink contaminated water.
- Unsafe water consumes 200 children every hour.
- Found in the Pacific Ocean, the marine trench is the deepest known point in the oceans of the world.
- Drinking too much water can cause water addiction very quickly. Water intoxication occurs when the water reduces the sodium level in the blood and causes the imbalance of water in the brain.
- An average swimming pool loses 1,000 gallons (3,785 liters) of water in one month for evaporation and other reasons.
A jellyfish and a cucumber each have 95% water.
- Water from sea or ocean is known as sea water. On average, every kilogram of sea water (2.2 lb) contains about 35 grams (1.2 ounces) of salt dissolved.
- Pure water (hydrogen and oxygen atom only) is a neutral pH of 7, which is neither acid nor porous.
- In Peru, there is a billboard that creates potable water from thin air.
- The human brain has 70% water.
- An important use of water is in agricultural irrigation, it occurs when water is artificially added to the soil to help in the development of crops.
Your bones have 31% water.
- In developing countries, 80% of all diseases are related to water.
- When a person feels thirsty, his body has lost more than 1 percent of the total amount of water.
- Cold water is heavier than hot water.
- A person can live for a month without food, but will die in a week without water.
- 90% of the world’s fresh water is in Antarctica.
Extends upto 9% on water freezing.
- 300 tons of water is required to produce 1 tonne of steel.
- Floating in space is a huge reservoir which is equal to all the water of 140 trillion times in the sea of the world.
- There have been 265 recording incidents of water clash from 3000 BC to 2012.
- 20% of freshwater reserves in the world are in a lake: Russia’s Lake Baikal.
- Water plays an important role in keeping the joints healthy, along with the smoothness of our knees, wrists and all intimate parts. On one hand, while drinking more water, toxins get out of the body, water also works to reach nutrition in the body.